ARE YOU DESIGN DRIVEN?
BDI Career Opportunities
BDI is a design driven company and this is reflected in more than just our products. From the way we support our customers to the way we develop relationships with suppliers, there's a great emphasis on relationships and in creating a win-win environment in all that we do.
If you are a well rounded professional with a desire to work for a company that values your input and is committed to innovation and excellence, then BDI may be the place for you. We offer competitive compensation, an attractive benefits package, and the thrill of working for a fast growing design driven company. Offices are located in Chantilly, VA, 5 miles south of Washington Dulles Airport and approximately 25 miles west of Washington, DC.
Send or email your resume and cover letter to BDI at the following address.
Attn: Human Resources
14954 Bogle Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151
BDI is currently seeking design driven individuals for the following position:
At BDI, you'll find a collection of furniture pieces that provide timeless beauty and refreshingly innovative functionality that seamlessly integrates technology into the home. BDI’s design-driven culture focuses on developing furnishings that inspire and wow.
Reporting to the CEO, you will manage a staff of nine including the marketing, customer service, and sales divisions. In addition, as a member of our four-person leadership team, you will play a significant role in setting the course for our future in this changing retail world. You will develop a strategic marketing plan to wisely allocate our seven-figure annual marketing budget to social media/web presence, trade shows, advertising campaigns, in-store Point of Purchase displays, sales brochures, and other strategies to build brand awareness and impact sales. You will help chart our expansion into new geographic markets. By strategically planning our marketing efforts and providing sales oversight, you will increase our sales and profitability.
We want you to expand our engagement with consumers. You will harness the potential of online distribution channels , lead our social media efforts and play a key role in the development of a new BDI website.
- Strategy: Provide a clear strategy for marketing efforts, including both the Home Furnishings and Consumer Electronics channels in both the U.S. and international markets. Find new and innovative ways to build BDI’s brand, increase brand awareness, and develop new markets. Through your marketing efforts, sales will grow exponentially.
- Management: We’ll be counting on you to manage Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service. You will also work closely with our internal design and product development team, and operations and support teams.
- Research: Although we intuitively understand our consumers, we do not have statistical data about them. You will collect, analyze, and summarize marketing data and trends to learn more about our end consumer and our market share to help us define market needs and new product offerings
- Website: You will draw significantly more traffic to our website through social media and other methods. The new website will tell the BDI story by providing a compelling experience for consumers and leading those consumers to our healthy dealer network. The expanded dealer portal will provide comprehensive support to our dealers.
Essential Experience and Attributes
- Minimum of 15 years of prior marketing experience, including experience in a small to medium-sized entrepreneurial company. At least xx years in Director or VP role
- Demonstrated design sensibility.
- Experience with on-line distribution channels.
- Demonstrated success using new-school marketing in creating comprehensive strategic marketing plans.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple complex projects.
- Engagement in social media.
- Experience with Business-to-Consumer marketing.
- Knowledge of general office software (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, FileMaker).
- Goal oriented. You build from the ground up and possess a sense of resolute focus on the future. You are business minded and able to anticipate, identify, and analyze needs. You are skilled at helping organizations navigate the changing economic conditions that impact products and business decisions. You can implement marketing concepts that enhance sales. You have an understanding of business needs and the ability to initiate change. You can interact with all members of the organization. You are someone who "sweats the details" and always strives to improve. You are fully prepared to have an intelligent conversation regarding the business strategy of the company. You enjoy keeping up with the latest ideas and engage in thought-provoking business analysis; you appreciate the value in sound business fundamentals and well-constructed business decisions.
- Effective Leader. You enjoy leading and building teams -- and you are good at it. You are an excellent mentor who is willing to listen and learn from others. You have the ability to understand the mission and the needs and direction of the company. You are self-confident and assertive, open to feedback and to vigorous peer review. You can make a well-reasoned argument. You listen to and respect the views of others. People follow your lead.
- Creative. You have the ability to think creatively and develop strategic messaging.
- Articulate. You have the ability to articulate your ideas to others. You have strong conceptualization skills.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Your background in marketing will enable you to guide our future success, helping us navigate the changing retail landscape. Our innovative environment keeps us open to doing things differently.
- You will experience the excitement of working in a creative environment where design matters—our products are unique, innovative, and well designed.
- BDI is positioned to grow both domestically and internationally. The company is very strong financially, and there is great potential in the U.S. and international markets.
- Our U.S. and Canadian dealers love our customer service and consider us to be a great partner. We are consistent in the way we work with them, and we have a consistent product and dependable packaging. Our dealers really like the way we do business and want to do more business with us.
- You will enjoy the collaboration of other creative professionals in design and product development.
- We have a 30-year track record of success.
- We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Simply email a Word version of your resume to Dorsey Davidge at with “Vice President of Marketing/2013-1611” in the subject line of the email. You can also visit us online at www.staffingadvisors.com/jobs.
We welcome candidates from backgrounds including (but not limited to): Marketing, Strategic Planning, and Business Development.