ARE YOU DESIGN DRIVEN?
BDI Career Opportunities
BDI is a design driven company and this is reflected in more than just our products. From the way we support our customers to the way we develop relationships with suppliers, there's a great emphasis on relationships and in creating a win-win environment in all that we do.
If you are a well rounded professional with a desire to work for a company that values your input and is committed to innovation and excellence, then BDI may be the place for you. We offer competitive compensation, an attractive benefits package, and the thrill of working for a fast growing design driven company. Offices are located in Chantilly, VA, 5 miles south of Washington Dulles Airport and approximately 25 miles west of Washington, DC.
Customer Relations Representative
Supports and helps drive successful attainment of BDI’s Customer Service objectives. Provides product & service information; manages sales orders, return orders and customer account records; resolves service issues; facilitates the company’s sales efforts; and advances a favorable company image in day-to-day interaction with an international network of BDI Retailers, Distribution Partners, Sales Representatives and Consumers as a member of the Customer Service Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Service & Support
- Maintains favorable customer relations by addressing customer questions or concerns with speed, courtesy and professionalism, primarily in writing or by telephone.
- Resolves product or service issues by clarifying the complaint and understanding customer needs; determining the cause; identifying and communicating the best correction or adjustment; following through to ensure successful resolution.
- Fields incoming Consumer calls and correspondence, providing pre-sales and post-sales support and service, partnering with or re-directing Consumer to BDI Retailers as appropriate. Help gather and share pertinent Consumer feedback with team members, including management, product development team and other BDI staff.
- Expedites and processes requests for product & parts replacement, sales materials, correct pricing and general information.
Data Entry / Records Management / Research
- Enters, acknowledges and manages lifecycle of sales orders and return orders, receives/drafts/processes correspondence, and helps fulfill customer needs to ensure satisfaction in alignment with BDI objectives, policies and protocols.
- Performs data entry, maintains customer records and uses a range of computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite and others.
- Utilizes research skills to track and trouble-shoot problems and to help develop, recommend and/or implement the most appropriate and effective solution(s).
- Helps develop or suggest process and procedural improvements in support of department goals. Performs other related tasks as needed or assigned.
Qualifications / Skill Set
- 7+ years Customer Service or Account Management experience.
- Customer-centric; alert, energetic demeanor; rapport-builder; naturally adept at building strong working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- High attention to detail; service oriented; problem-solver mentality.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; professional telephone manner.
- Very comfortable learning & using new procedures, processes and technologies.
- Computer proficient (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite); some technical ability required for researching and addressing product & freight issues.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks and processes. Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates and relies on a moderate to wide degree of creativity, latitude to drive effective issue resolution and problem solving.
Bachelor’s degree in Business related field strongly preferred.
Minimum 7 years of related experience or training; industry experience preferred.
Ability to read, understand and write directions, simple reports, procedures and business correspondence in English; clear and professional telephone manner in English. Fluency in additional languages a plus, particularly Spanish and/or French.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and work in an open office environment for moderate to long periods of time (i.e., an 8-hour workday). May attend several tradeshows annually---approximately 3-7 days at a time, sometimes over weekends---requiring walking/standing much of each day, mainly within company exhibit area, in support of company’s sales, marketing and relationship development efforts.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions
Standard office environment; potential for occasional overnight travel for trade exhibitions (up to 10% annually).
Send or email your resume and cover letter to BDI at the following address.
Attn: Human Resources
14954 Bogle Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151