Although safety straps are an essential preventative measure to avoid TV tip-over, they are not a 100% guaranteed solution to prevent tip-over. Therefore, we recommend taking these additional safety measures to help ensure the safety of your little ones:
1. Install stops on all cabinet doors and drawers
2. Keep heavier items on lower shelves or in lower drawers to keep furniture from becoming top heavy
3. Don’t just keep remote controls out of reach — keep them out of sight so that children won’t climb after them
4. Use outlet protectors, power strip covers, and wire guards to decrease the risk for electric shock
5. Think beyond your living room. If your child regularly spends time with a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or family friend, ask what you can do to help them baby-proof their homes as well
Together, we can keep our kids safe.
Do you currently use safety straps on your televisions? If so, let us know in the comment section.