BDI designs, manufactures, and markets innovative furniture including leading-edge products for home theaters and home offices. Customers love what we design; critics rave about us. Our passion is Design. Great Design can positively affect everyday life and BDI strives to develop products that energize, comfort and inspire. We’ve been in business for over 30 years.
If you want to work where good design matters, where being customer-centric is a core value, where cooperation and enthusiasm are fostered among a great team of people, and where you have daily opportunities to contribute directly to your customer’s success, you should consider BDI.
The Purchasing & Inventory Control Supervisor supports the VP of Operations with oversight of all purchasing and inventory related functions at the corporate level. To include all tasks associated with our Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system relating to inventory management – item set up, forecasting, purchasing, etc.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the Master Schedule is running accordingly
- Review planned production, planned purchases and firm as needed
- Issues miscellaneous Purchase Orders for tooling and supplies for our vendors and maintain detailed records
- Prepare and execute Chinese New Year Purchase Plan
- Confirm receipt of PO’s with Vendors and update confirmed delivery date
- Communicate Factory Direct order details to both the suppliers, brokers and internal sales and customer service teams as well as ensure proper processing of all documents related
- Update and maintain Inventory Analysis File
- Communicate sales forecast to BDI vendors as needed
- Provide accounting department with all necessary documents for inventory transactions
- Communicate any delivery shortages to factories
- Create, update and maintain the inventory database in BDI’s ERP system, Microsoft Axapta, including pricing, safety stock, ABC classification, min/max order quantities etc.
- Create and update BOM’s as required
- Create, update and maintain the inventory database in File Maker Pro including inventory item descriptions and all related fields
- Update discontinued inventory as needed
- Track BDI inventory at various suppliers’ facilities
- Analyze inventory data and create reports on demand
- Lead inventory cycle team and reconcile inventory journals as needed
- Create and maintain cycle inventory calendar
- Analyze and report on all activities associated with inventory, forecasting and purchasing
- Analyze sales history, trends and forecast future inventory needs
- Confirm receipt of arrival notices and delivery orders and ensure internal tracking methods are accurate and up to date
- Export and import the monthly sales forecast document for processing in Axapta
- Create ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Maintain inventory levels according to established metrics
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Strong experience with ERP systems
Excel proficiency is a must including pivot table
Leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive work relationships with other employees, vendors, and customers.
Strong analytical/problem-solving, logic & mathematical skills coupled with strong organizational skills
Supply chain management – inventory, purchasing, planning, forecasting
APICS and or CPM certification preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance/Accounting, Mathematics or similar degree path with a concentration on inventory and purchasing courses
Minimum of 3-5 years as an inventory planner and/or purchasing agent with at least 1-2 years as a supervisor.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to email@example.com.