BDI Marketing Manager
BDI is seeking an innovative, design-driven and detail-oriented professional to join our small-but-mighty Marketing team. This person will bring an enthusiasm for great design, a creative spirit, attention to detail, excellent writing abilities, and strong project management skills to this position. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this well-rounded individual will have experience in all facets of Marketing. Responsibilities will include visual asset creation and management, sales materials development, customer communication, trade show planning, website support, and other Marketing initiatives to promote the BDI brand to our retailers and consumers. A passion for the visual arts, merchandising, and design are highly valued attributes.
BDI is a premier designer and manufacturer of innovative home furnishings. Guided by the philosophy that intelligent design has the power to improve everyday life, BDI furniture combines original design with innovative function to seamlessly integrate technology into the home and office environments. Collections include media furniture, office, and work-from-home solutions, modular storage systems, and more. BDI designs are available through leading home furnishings and electronic retailers throughout the United States, Canada, and abroad. BDI offers a strong benefits program including 401K & profit-sharing, medical & dental, paid leave, short term/long term disability, and more. To learn more about BDI, visit www.bdiusa.com.
As a member of our dynamic Marketing team, we are called upon to wear many hats. We are responsible for all aspects of the brand – from product packaging to instruction manuals to product images to sales materials to website – we create what the world perceives of the BDI brand. As such, we have our hands in many different projects and the opportunities are varied.
Listed below is a sampling of some of the exciting projects that you will be working on:
- Development of product images and lifestyle settings in partnership with our rendering team – an artistic eye, a flair for design, attention to detail, and strong project management skills are needed
- Creation of sales materials and retailer communications – excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate creatively and concisely are a must as you participate in the creation of product sheets, brochures, product packaging, and the like
- Sales team support – supporting sales team efforts and retail stores requests with special projects and initiatives designed to build brand awareness
- Trade show support – assisting the Marketing team in the design and implementation of our trade show presence at the High Point furniture market (view our showroom)
- Promotion management – participation in the execution of Company promotions and special events
- Website support – our Digital Marketing Director leads our dynamic and everchanging website to which we all contribute content, graphics, and support to keep it a shining representation of the BDI brand
- Social media – participation in the development of engaging content and graphics that will entertain, educate and inform our audience
- Product data support – attention to detail is essential as we manage the information, images, and specifications for all of our products for our website as well as in support of our retailers’ web presentations
- Minimum of 5 years of prior Marketing or related experience
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to clearly communicate in all mediums
- Experience in graphic design, visual arts, visual merchandising or the like is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Working knowledge of general office and design software including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator skills). SketchUp is a plus.
- BDI is located in Chantilly, VA. This position will be a hybrid position, combining in-office with work-from-home. Some travel may be required up to twice a year to support the Company at trade shows.
Send or email your resume and cover letter to BDI at: [email protected]