For a limited time, save on all office collections, shelving, Bink, and modular systems. Learn More >>
Customer Relations Representative
Supports and helps drive successful attainment of BDI’s Customer Service objectives. Provides product & service information; manages sales orders, return orders and customer account records; resolves service issues; facilitates the company’s sales efforts; and advances a favorable company image in day-to-day interaction with an international network of BDI Retailers, Distribution Partners, Sales Representatives and Consumers as a member of the Customer Service Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Service & Support
• Maintains favorable customer relations by addressing customer questions or concerns with speed, courtesy and professionalism, primarily in writing or by telephone.
• Resolves product or service issues by clarifying the complaint and understanding customer needs; determining the cause; identifying and communicating the best correction or adjustment; following through to ensure successful resolution.
• Fields incoming Consumer calls and correspondence, providing pre-sales and post-sales support and service, partnering with or re-directing Consumer to BDI Retailers as appropriate. Help gather and share pertinent Consumer feedback with team members, including management, product development team and other BDI staff.
• Expedites and processes requests for product & parts replacement, sales materials, correct pricing and general information.
Data Entry / Records Management / Research
• Enters, acknowledges and manages lifecycle of sales orders and return orders, receives/drafts/processes correspondence, and helps fulfill customer needs to ensure satisfaction in alignment with BDI objectives, policies and protocols.
• Performs data entry, maintains customer records and uses a range of computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite and others.
• Utilizes research skills to track and trouble-shoot problems and to help develop, recommend and/or implement the most appropriate and effective solution(s).
• Helps develop or suggest process and procedural improvements in support of department goals. Performs other related tasks as needed or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILL SET
• 7+ years Customer Service or Account Management experience.
• Customer-centric; alert, energetic demeanor; rapport-builder; naturally adept at building strong working relationships at all levels of an organization.
• High attention to detail; service oriented; problem-solver mentality.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills; professional telephone manner.
• Very comfortable learning & using new procedures, processes and technologies.
• Computer proficient (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite); some technical ability required for researching and addressing product & freight issues.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks and processes. Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates and relies on a moderate to wide degree of creativity, latitude to drive effective issue resolution and problem solving.
Bachelor’s degree in Business related field strongly preferred.
Minimum 7 years of related experience or training; industry experience preferred.
Ability to read, understand and write directions, simple reports, procedures and business correspondence in English; clear and professional telephone manner in English. Fluency in additional languages a plus, particularly Spanish and/or French.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and work in an open office environment for moderate to long periods of time (i.e., an 8-hour workday). May attend several tradeshows annually---approximately 3-7 days at a time, sometimes over weekends---requiring walking/standing much of each day, mainly within company exhibit area, in support of company’s sales, marketing and relationship development efforts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Standard office environment; potential for occasional overnight travel for trade exhibitions (up to 10% annually).
Send or email your resume and cover letter to BDI at the following address.
Attn: Human Resources
14954 Bogle Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151